You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Twenty years

Posting on my blog has been reeeaaally light these days, I know. But I have a good excuse.
Or let's say I have excuses.

I'm working on a new novel (YA sci-fi) and I had been dragging my feet.  Mainly, because I was nervous about showing the draft to my agent.  Really nervous.  I kept thinking, "What if she says it sucks?  Then what?"

Luckily, I don't have an agent like that.  I sent her the first 80+ pages and waited.  Then waited.  Then wanted to puke.  Then she wrote back. Then I really wanted to puke.

And.....

She liked it.  She liked the characters.  She liked the plot.

And then pointed out all the problems, but also gave me some great ideas to fix said problems.  Which I am working on now.

Which is why I'm not blogging much.

And now, I'm getting excited about the book's potential.  It was hard to get excited before because I really felt like I couldn't take another "no."

The other excuse I have is that I now have a website.  Seriously.  It actually is a real website, with pictures and stuff.  It sort-of even looks professional.

Here is a screen shot.




Or, you can go to the website directly, which is:


There is not much material there, but someday in the future I hope to have more news.  There is also a link to take you back to this awesome blog.


Other things:

My twentieth high school reunion is next weekend.  That should be interesting.

I'm going to try really hard to not get drunk, talk shit, and make an ass of out myself.

Because I can make an ass out of my self when I'm stone-cold sober.  Very well, actually.

Which is pretty much the entire story of my high school career.

So, you know, I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: