You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

3 years

Dear Sena,

Yesterday you turned three years old.
I told you, "Today is your birthday."
You said, "Let's go to it!"
You think birthday is a place, and in some ways you are right.

Grandma brings on the princess crap!

It is a place for parties and cupcakes and presents.  And more cupcakes.

Cupcakes for breakfast?  Why, yes.




You are growing up into such a sweet little girl, Sena.  I still remember wondering when you were still a little butterball infant,  what you would be like at this age, how your voice would sound, your laugh, your imagination, your questions, your songs and stories.  What would you be like?  I really didn't know.

But now I do, and I have to say, you have exceeded all my expectations.

You are just the most wonderful creature and your Daddy and I sometimes ask ourselves what on earth we used to do with ALL our free time before you were here.

I think I slept more.  And exercised more.  Or something.
Really, how boring...

Just kidding.  Sleeping is awesome.  I'm glad you agree with me on that one.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I'm pretty sure this year is going to be the best one yet.  Funny how that works.

I love you, Sena.
Love,
Momma



2 comments:

Tez Miller said...

That Sena's a smart cookie - I want cupcakes for breakfast, too!

Anonymous said...

Sena...This year will be the best one yet! You are
such a sweetheart with the most beautiful smile ever.