You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Still Here - although my arms may have fallen off somewhere

Here are the top ten reasons I haven't blogged in 2 months.

1. I'm lazy and don't finish what I start.
2. I'm sick and tired of winter
3. I let my daughter watch SpongeBob and Phineas and Ferb on my laptop because we have no TV and then I can't blog.
4. Last week there was another snow storm and I had to shovel and shovel and shovel.
5. I am trying to finish the rough draft of a novel this month and if I stay on track with 1,000 words a day, then I will make it.
6. We had some remodeling work done on the house and I had a minor panic attack.
7. Sometimes I would just rather read books than stare at the computer.

So I guess that's only seven things.  Which brings me to my first point.  I'm lazy.

Well, yesterday I decided to stop being lazy and went out for a jog.  Which was stupid.  The weather here still sucks and it is still wet and icy.  I was jogging/trotting/walking/limping along a popular running path near my house - dodging monstrous lakes of water and icy patches when I saw something I had never seen before.

A man running with his dog.

That wasn't the weird part.

The guy wasn't wearing shoes.

Complete bare feet.

I thought, "What a crazy shithead!"

There was a huge puddle in the path, probably six inches deep and about ten feet long.  I moved to the side of the lake and picked my way along the slushy snowbank.

The guy and his dog ran happily through the ice water.  "Wheeeeeeeeeee!"

He actually said, Whee.  They looked so happy that I smiled.

Then I stepped into a gigantic hole in the snowbank and the water went over my shins.

I didn't say whee.

I screamed, "Shit!  Fuck!"

I was so loud a flock of crows in the tree took off.

An old couple out doing their walk actually gasped.

Then I staggered home with wet feet.

But the winter hasn't been all bad.  There has been some upside to all the snow.


But I will be happy when this is all gone.  Then I will say Whee.

1 comment:

LisaAnn said...

"What a crazy shithead," she says. You just cracked me up, my friend!