You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

On the Pot

A post about poop.  Hooray for you!

Conversation yesterday morning with Sena.

Me: Sena, do you have to poop?

Sena (grunting): No!  Go away!  Go away, Momma!

Shuts her bedroom door in my face.

I open it.

Me: Here.  Here is the potty.  You can sit on this in your room if you want.

I get her sans pants and she sits down on it.

Me: See.  Now you can poop right there.

Sena (waving her arm at me): Go away!

Me: Okay.

I leave the room.  I empty the dishwasher and pour another cup of coffee.  I go downstairs and take clothes out of the dryer.  In short, I completely forget about what Sena is doing or not doing.

I go back upstairs.

Sena runs out of her room, naked as a jaybird.  She looks thrilled.

Sena: Momma!  I did it!

Me: You pooped?

Sena: I pooped!

Me: In the potty?

Sena blinks and looks at me as if I am the stupidest person in the universe.

Sena: No.  I pooped on the floor.

I am the stupidest person in the universe.

I go into her room and clean up the offending turd.  It is sitting there like a grenade - about 10 inches from the potty.

Junebug looks up at me.  The cat had been laying in her room the whole time and watched her take a dump on the floor, but of course did not bother to tell me.  She probably thought it was hilarious.  I suppose to a cat, who is potty trained at birth, it is hilarious.  She just yawns at me and goes back to sleep.


Me (cleaning the carpet and muttering): It's not even 10 a.m. yet.  Great.

No comments: