You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Booklist Recap - April

Well, I said my goal this year was to read a book a week. 

I need to pick some shorter books.

In January I read six.  February two.  March I forget.  April I read 3.5.  So here's what I've read in the past 2 months.

Clash of Kings - Book 2 by George R.R. Martin


Let the Great World Spin - Collum McCann



Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen


Away - Amy Bloom




I loved them all.  Straight A's across the board.  And these are all very different kinds of books.  I'm certainly no book snob.  I will read just about anything  so long as it holds my attention.  If you are looking for a good book club read, I recommend Water for Elephants and Away.  Very quick reads, but also very satisfying.  I must admit, Amy Bloom's novel broke my heart.  In a good way.

Books I'm reading for the month of May?

Just started:  Zeitoun - by Dave Eggers


And slowly getting through Storm of Swords - Book 3 by George Martin


Plus, there's a whole bunch of YA books I'm been meaning to get a hold of.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: