You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Expanding Vocabulary

Sunday morning - EARLY
I am reading the paper. Matt is reading the sports page. Sena is sitting on the floor playing with my Santa Russian nesting dolls that I dug out of my ornament box.

Me: Bunghole. (Laughs)

Matt: What?

Me: I was reading this Mark Twain quote about teenagers. He said, "When a child reaches the age of 12, he should be put in a barrel and fed through the bunghole. When he turns 16, plug the bunghole."

I thought bunghole was something COMPLETELY different.

Matt: Yeah, it's that little hole in the barrel.

Me: You didn't know that... you only know that now because I told you.

Matt: Nuh-uh.

Me: I used to say that word all the time. Bunghole. Bunghole. My name is Cornholio and I need t.p. for my bunghole!

Matt: You're a bunghole.

Me: I should bring that word back. Make it popular. Bunghole!

Matt: Stop talking.

No comments: