You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No Reservation

Sena has graduated to the big high chair and already has two little teeth coming in. My little baby is growing up, and has sampled the following culinary delights:

Rice Cereal
Apple sauce
Bananas
Pears
Sweet Potatoes
Prunes

Did you know prunes look the same coming out as going in?

I will only post pictures of the latter.





Plus, here is a little how-to home video. I made creme brulee over Easter weekend for the very first time.

Because I'm fancy.

However, I didn't have a creme brulee torch so I asked my dad to bring his. He doesn't have a creme brulee torch, either. He has a blowtorch. The concept, however, is the same. I'm pretty sure this demo will get a thumbs up from both Bob Vila and Anthony Bourdain.

I'm narrating this video and because I had a bad cold I sound a little bit like Dorothy from the Golden Girls. Also, you will notice a Scottish tam and a pint of Guinness, which are both very necessary for the demonstration.

If you have ever wondered why I'm insane you will finally see and understand that it's genetic.

No reservation from Melinda Braun on Vimeo.

No comments: