You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

PINK!

I'll start by saying I have nothing against the color pink. Really, I'm serious. I'm actually wearing pink today...

But I'm afraid of being inundated with nothing but pink baby things, pink bows, pink ribbons, pink socks, pink lacy dresses, in short so much pink that I could puke.

Then I would have to take Pepto-Bismol to stop the sickness. Which is also pink.

I've started a registry of several basic things, little onesies (all white!) and swaddle and receiving blankets (only one that turned out to be pink) and a few other things I've been collecting, which I will post some pictures of later this week. This past weekend I repainted an old dresser that will also serve as the changing table. I painted the body tan and the drawers gloss white and added some brushed nickel drawer pulls. It is neither feminine nor masculine looking, and I plan to keep the walls the same silvery blue color they are now. Though I suppose as I add more things to the room (my old Raggedy Ann doll, my antique My Little Pony collection, a pastel blanket crocheted by my great grandmother, and my tree mural complete with birds and flowers, the room will probably end up looking like it is for a little girl. Plus all the pink shit I will undoubtedly receive.

There is one thing I saw that I liked. A little body suit with a big bulldog on the front.

And it's pink.

No comments: