You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Word on the Street


When I walked out the door last Friday morning, I noticed that I had been tagged by graffiti artists.

By tagged I mean sidewalk chalk.

And by graffiti artists I mean my six-year old neighbor, Lily.

I was quite impressed with the likeness. Much better than the usual artwork of your Gangsta Disciples, whom I swear do not understand the meaning of perception, scale, use of color, or shading.

The arts are always the first thing to be cut in schools.

Apparently, my neighbor sent Lily over Thursday evening to ask Matt if I was pregnant because she had noticed that when we came over to their fire pit last Saturday night I wasn't drinking any wine. And she also said that I was wearing "baggy" clothes. I think this might have been a nice way to say that it appears I have a gut.

Girls notice EVERYTHING.

Here is a picture of the artist and her younger sister.

No comments: