You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

It's Monday morning and 10 below. Again. At least it's sunny, and we're not expecting another snowstorm until...wait for it...

Tonight.

This winter has just started but it is already a snow lover's paradise. At the end of our street on 17th avenue is an incredible hill. It's called the 17th Avenue Hill. Clever, I know. It's on the opposite side of Minnehaha creek and shoots you directly toward it which satisfies at least two requirements of a sledding hill.

1. It is steep, and therefore fast.

2. It has a distinct element of danger involved.

It's a hill that reminded me of the Johnson golf course which was near our home in Racine and the main hill we would sled at. The hill was long and steep and there was a river/creek that you could possibly end up going into if you didn't stop in time. I remember being terrified of this possibility, falling through ice is still up there on the top ten list of things I never want to experience, and I would always bail out of the sled if I thought we were getting too close.

That's a good life lesson to remember.

If I don't get a sled for Christmas this year, I'm going to go out a buy one because last weekend the 17th Avenue Hill was calling to me. Or maybe it was all the kids screaming with delight when I drove by.

I don't know how to segue to this next bit, other than to say that since I won't have Music Wednesday this week, I will have Music Monday instead. This is Spoon (awesome band from Austin, Tx) with their song, Don't You Evah.

The robot dancing at the end rocks. Doesn't robot dancing always rock?

Yes. Yes, it does.

No comments: