You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I, Dorkius...

So I get home last night and putter around. Since I finished Twilight I decide tonight I will start on the other books I bought. Namely, Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow. I've been meaning to read it and it's on my top 100 booklist that I posted about.

Then Matt comes home. "I got you a present!"

The first one is Chipotle.

The second one is a little chocolate dove bar.

The third is New Moon, the next book in the series.

I screamed with glee and snatched it up, looking, I'm guessing, like a crack head who just got a free sample from their drug dealer.

My husband is awesome.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I ask.
"Can't I bring you gifts?"
"Yes, but what did you do?"
He just laughs and walks away.

Later I discover the real reason. I burned through the book last night, getting to page 275 before I realized I should go to bed. Around 10:30 I sense somebody sneaking up by my bedside. Unfortunately, it is not hot Edward Cullen coming to bite me. It's Matt, coming to steal my book again. He'd finished the first one and was just as spastic as me to read the second.

Well, I won't give anything away with the book, even though it's easy to look up. I did look up some information on the movie, though. Sounds like it has a kickass soundtrack to go with it. My favorite song is Supermassive Black Hole, by Muse. I guess they used that for the baseball scene in the movie. The video is bizarro. Freaky-deeky. Like someone was dropping acid and looking at too many Dali and Bosch paintings. Blaugh.

Yet, whatever it is they're selling, I'm buying.

And if you are completely taken aback by the baseball reference...yes, vampires playing baseball, then you'll just have to read the book.

No comments: