You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Thanks, Google

You know how sometimes you get your best thoughts just as you drift off to sleep? Well, Matt certainly does...

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT

Mindy is drifting off to sleep. She hears Matt giggling.

Matt: Hee,hee,hee...

Mindy: Huh?

Matt: Gosh, what was the name of that show?

Mindy: What show?

Matt: It was the funniest show ever. I can't remember the name.

Mindy: When was it on?

Matt: About 20 years ago. I used to watch it. God, it was the funniest show I ever saw.

Mindy: What was it about?

Matt: It was a cop show. This cop was really violent. Really funny!

Mindy: Can you be more specific. Who was in it?

Matt: I don't remember.

Mindy: T.J. Hooker? Simon and Simon?

Matt: It was a comedy. Not a prime-time drama. It was only a half-hour long.

Mindy: Anything else? Did he have a partner?

Matt: Yeah. He carried around a big gun. He talked to it.

Mindy: Uhh...I don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you look it up. Use Google.

Matt: What would I type in?

Mindy: 80's cop tv shows. Comedies.

Matt disappears downstairs. Now I'm wide awake. What show is it? I'm racking my brain. It was probably something I wasn't allowed to watch.

Matt comes back upstairs.

Mindy: Did you figure it out?

Matt: Yeah, It's Sledge Hammer!

Mindy: Never heard of it.

Matt: Well, all 2 seasons are now at the top of our Netflix.

Mindy: Oh, goody.


Now this is what I have to look forward to for the next few weeks. Actually, Matt was right. It is pretty funny. Thank you, Google. Don't know what I'd do without you. And people say your stock is overpriced. I think not.

No comments: