You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Ennunciate!

I loved the movie The Dark Knight, but had one small quibble.
I had a hard time understanding Batman when he spoke.

As we walked out of the theater, I even mentioned it to Matt.
"Why does he talk like that?"
"I don't know."
Then we both say in unison, as the lightbulb flashed on. "Oh! To disguise his voice."

But he's a billionaire. With a bat suit, a bat mobile, bat gear, and every bat gadget you could want, couldn't he make a bat voice disguiser? Something sounding a little better. Like Sean Connery or Frank Sinatra? Something that didn't make him sound like he'd just smoked a whole carton of Kools and was sitting on the toilet with severe constipation.

It turns out that I'm not the only one who noticed this.
Don't worry, it won't ruin the movie for you.
It may only make you laugh hysterically when you do see it.

No comments: