You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Boob Tube

Because I'm a rabid Netflix fan, I don't watch much T.V. Also, I don't have cable. If I had cable, you would find me dead on my sofa, weighing 500 lbs. and surrounded by empty buckets of KFC and buried under Little Debbie Swiss cake roll wrappers.

Also, most of the television shows on T.V. suck, except for Lost, Family Guy, Two and a Half Men, Everyone Loves Raymond, King of Queens, Dexter, Heroes, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Simpsons, CSI, Law and Order (every version), American Gladiators, and reruns like Friends, Frasier, Cheers, MacGyver, A-Team, Three's Company, M.A.S.H., Greatest American Hero, Air Wolf, Mr. Belvedere, Different Strokes, The Facts of Life, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place, Dallas, Falcon Crest, Love Boat, Gilligan's Island, and the Muppet Show.

And all the shows on HBO and Showtime.

But everything else is crap.


Most commercials are terrible too. Yesterday, I saw a stupid ad for Ice Mountain water. They said their new designed bottle used less plastic, therefore it was environmentally friendly.
I have an idea - be really environmentally friendly and not BUY plastic bottles filled with water at all. What a concept. We used to have these weird things called Thermoses and if you were really wacky or liked to hike a lot, a Canteen. That way you could take your water with you. Genius!

I start yelling this at the t.v. - something I've lately noticed myself doing, talking back to the t.v. as if they could hear me, as if they CARED. And most of the time I sound like I have Tourette's. Matt does it too, especially watching sports. His potty-mouth transformation is complete when the Vikings are playing. He says things that would make a truck driver blush.

There are some good commercials. Usually on British television.
Or this one.
If the Vikings played like this, I would watch it.

No comments: