You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Why I don't go to the opera

Things that bothered me about Sesame Street as a kid.

1. Why NO ONE ever saw Snuffulupagus besides Big Bird. Drove me NUTS!
2. How Oscar would disappear into his can and sound like he was running around in a mansion, yet once in awhile would walk around in his can and you could see his feet. Made NO sense.
3. Cookie Monster never managed to get the cookies in his mouth.
4. Why the Count had to laugh after every number.
5. How Big Bird managed to disappear behind the tree at the closing credits.
6. Why Barkley couldn't talk.
7. Why Bert was so anal-retentive.

But the thing that bothered me the most on the show was how the baker would fall down the steps holding whatever number of pies he made that day. He fell EVERY time. I remember thinking, "You dope, stop trying to carry nine pies down the steps."

Here is one of the creepiest clips I remember from Sesame Street. I had horrible nightmares from watching this. Whoever created this was taking some serious drugs.

No comments: