You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Timewasters...

Some people don't know what I do for my day job. Sometimes, I am one of those people. My title is library assistant. My job is gatekeeper of information. Sounds cool? Sometimes it is. Really, what I do is find things for people...books, cds, articles, movies, weird translations. Because of this I see and read A LOT of stuff on a day to day basis, and do a lot of online searching, and people like to tell me that I know so much "trivia". I do, and part of it is that I work in an area of passing along information. It also helps that I find a lot of things interesting.

I learned something new today. Specifically song lyrics. Most people have heard the song, "Another One Bites the Dust." Not to be confused with the great Weird Al song, "Another One Rides the Bus." What I didn't know were the lyrics to the first part of the song...

Steve walks warily down the street,
With his brim pulled way down low,
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Machines gun ready to go.

Okay, even if you know this, do you know what it means? Huh? Do you?
Well, I'll tell you.

Remember Charles Manson? Remember Steve McQueen? One of Steve's friends was murdered by Manson and his wacky gang, and Steve started carrying a gun around and started speaking to the press about it.
Freddie Mercury thought this was so kickass he wrote a whole song about it.
So there you go....

Now you can be annoying at cocktail parties.

And if you are bored at work or just looking for a colossal timewaster, you can check out www.beedogs.com

Don't say I didn't warn you. (Yes, it's dogs dressed in bee costumes)

No comments: