You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bill Murray!

I was talking with a coworker a few days ago and the talk turned to celebrities. Specifically, which celebrities would make us act all "weirdy and dumb." You know, star-struck. Sure there are quite a few attractive actors, but I've never been the starstruck type. I figure they are just normal people with extremely public professions. I do, however, love Bill Murray. Ghostbusters, Caddyshack, Groundhog Day, Lost in Translation, Rushmore, etc, etc... This guy is great. I told this to my coworker. She goes, "I got a great Bill Murray story."

So here it is...

Her friend was sitting in an airport, waiting to board a plane.

He thinks he recognizes Bill Murray, sitting in a chair, reading a newspaper.

He stares, but isn't sure.

He keeps staring, is more sure.

Keeps staring, is totally sure.

Bill Murray looks up and sees him staring.

Mr. Murray gets up and walks over, sits down next to him.

Bill Murray smiles at him and says, "Hello..."

Nervous guy giggles and says, "H-h-hi."

Bill Murray stretches his arms up in the air and drops one around his shoulder, like teenage boys do to girls in the movie theater.

Guy starts to giggle more and twitch.

Bill Murray gives him a minute-long noogie.

When he is done, he leans over to shocked guy and whispers, "No one is going to believe you."

Bill Murray gets up and walks back to his seat.

Upon hearing this, I decide that is exactly what Bill Murray would do. Now I love him even more.

Here is a great clip from a great actor in one the best movies ever.


No comments: