You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2017

362

As in 362 days since I last wrote here!

Sad.

Well, I had a good reason: I forgot my password. Sort of.

What would really happen? Something along the lines of, "Oh, I haven't posted in a few weeks, I should write something." Then another few weeks went by, a few months. Of course, then it gets to the point where it's embarrassing to bother. "Oh, uh, that blog? Uh, yeah, ummm.... Let's pretend that doesn't exist."

I did.  I rationalized I was busy.

But then the other day I found a journal - the journal I started keeping for my daughter from before she was born. And when I say, I found it, I mean I pulled it out from its very visible spot next to my computer monitor.

And I started reading it.

And I couldn't stop.

I was so happy I had written in it, and also annoyed I hadn't written more. It's amazing what you forget when you don't write it down.

In some ways, this blog is like my own personal journal for myself. I started it many years ago because I wanted to be an author and I figured it would be a good way to practice. After all, no one else out there can write my life but me, right?

Corny, corny, corny.

Anyway, before I let any more days slip into the abyss (because they really do) I figured to just do it already.

So here I am.

And what have I done the past 362 days?

Some things stand out.  Mainly this one.


Yes, I was fooled as well by that face. We adopted her May 1 last year and what a year it's been. Full of cleaning up pee and puke and I don't know how many plastic pieces of toys, dolls, pencils, flip-flops, socks, lamp cords, furniture legs, garden hoses, soccer balls, wiffle balls, baseballs, any balls really, that this furry monster hasn't destroyed.

That actually is her middle name: Monster

First name: Cookie

Somehow we've made it through the first year. And my rugs and carpets are (mostly) intact.

A more recent photo.


A few other things that happened this past year.

My second book came out!
My first book was a finalist for an award.  Recently, I found out in won another award!
I went to visit a friend I hadn't seen in 16 years!
We had so much fun that I visited her again a month ago, and this time brought my family with!
I recently earned my purple belt in Kung Fu!

This is where it's getting hazy, and this is what I mean by writing things down....A whole year can slide by, and the older you get, the easier it happens.

So I promise to write more useless crap on my blog for your entertainment. And mine.

And now I need to go and write something in my daughter's journal. Something monumentally profound. Something like the joke she told me the other day.

Sena: Hey, Mom?

Me: Yeah?

Sena: You want a brownie?

Me: Okay.

Sena hands me a letter E colored brown and laughs. "Here you go!"



1 comment:

Evi Erlinda said...

God bless you and your family