You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Magic Numbers

Email conversation on Monday with Matt:

Me: Are you working?  I need you to go buy me a Powerball ticket.  My numbers are 8,........, and 42.

Matt: Okay.  I'll get you a tkt.

Me: Yer gonna be kissing my butt when I win all that $$!

Matt: I do that anyway.

Me: But now you'll LIKE it!


Later that evening...

Me: Did you get my Powerball ticket.

Matt: Yeah, but I couldn't get your Powerball number.

Me: What?  Why?

Matt: It doesn't go up that high.

Me: But the other numbers go up to 50 or something.

Matt: The Powerball only goes to 35.

Me: What?  That RUINS everything!!!

Matt: So I switched it with another number you picked.

Me: Which one?

Matt: Now your Powerball is 8.

Me: Hmmpf.  I can't believe they don't have 42.  That's the answer to everything, you know.

Matt: 42?  Isn't that in a book?

Me: Yeah, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Matt: A novel....

Me: Just because it's made up doesn't mean it's not true.

So if you don't see a blog post from me tomorrow, it means I'm laying low because I won a gabillion dollars.  Or maybe because I was tired and didn't feel like blogging.  Or because I'm still working on NaNoWriMo.  I'm up to 20K words and my goal by December 1st is to have 30K.  It's not 50K, but it's better than nothing.

But it's probably because I won the lottery.  Obviously.


No comments: