You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Need Your Love

So I survived a 12 a.m show at First Avenue.  Actually, I did fine - the show was great.  Though at first I'm like, "Uhhh, I think I'm old.  It's so loud in here..."  I don't go to many concerts and I am not used to the noise.

I am used to sitting in bed at 9pm and reading with a cup of tea.

Read: old.

I'm totally fine with that.

Anyway, the band (The Temper Trap) was great and played some songs from their new album.

They played this one and I loved it.

Then I found the video and loved it even more.

Because I couldn't stop laughing.

It's a great homage to a great 80s movie.  Bonus points if you remember all the character's names.






Also, I read CLOUD ATLAS several years ago and it blew my mind.  And when I heard the Wachowski brothers were making it into a movie, I thought, "How?  How can they do this?  It's so complicated.  It's so mind-blowing!"

Well, they did it.

It looks incredible.

What I do remember while I was reading the novel, that the author (David Mitchell)articulated something to me so clearly that it was like getting smacked in the face.  An idea that I know is true, but it is a fleeting sensation, sometimes found in music and art and poetry, but I believe to be a universal consciousness.  A connection.  Everything is connected.  A feeling that we've all been here before.  This has happened before.  And it will happen again.  And again.

Have you ever walked into a room and saw someone that you never met before, but you already knew them?

I did.

And funnily enough, it was at First Avenue.

And in a few weeks we will be celebrating our 14th anniversary.

No comments: