You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Needs More Pink

So the forecast (excluding today) for the coming week is all mid-fifties and possible sixties, which for Minnesota, is like skipping the whole month of March and most of April.

I am, of course, already spazzing about gardening.

I know I can't yet.  But I'm planning.

Here's my window box plan.


It's so gorgeous, it's downright crazy.

And I'm gonna do it.

I've pretty much figured out what plants are in there.  Except for the yellow ones, and I can tell it's probably gonna cost me a fortune.  My front of the house window box is about eight feet long.

So I'm planning ahead.  You can't buy it all in one fell swoop, otherwise I'll hear something like this from Matt.

Matt: What's all that?

Me: I had to get some dirt.  Regular dirt.  Potting soil.  Fertilizer.  Manure.

Matt: You spent 50 bucks on dirt?

Me: No.  I also got fertilizer and manure.

Matt: So you spent 50 bucks on dirt and shit?

Me: Well, when you say it like that it sounds bad.

So, I will buy a few things at a time.  A bag of dirt here.  New gardening gloves there.  And so on and so on.

So yesterday me and Sena were coloring with her crayons and I started drawing out my garden plans.  Lots of purple and red and orange and magenta and lime green.

Sena got very interested in my picture.

"What are you doin' Mommy?"

"I'm drawing flowers."

Sena grabs another crayon and goes to town.  "Needs more pink!"

Indeed.

No comments: