You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

I guess I should quit bitching about all the potholes....

I didn't want to go to work this morning.

Sena has a cold, which now means I have a cold, so technically I could have called in sick.

I was feeling all sorry for myself.  Didn't have time to eat breakfast.  Running late because I couldn't figure out what to wear to work.  And it doesn't matter what I wear to work.  I could wear a garbage bag and a pair of Hammer pants and nobody would notice.  Well, they might notice, but they probably wouldn't say anything, and even if they did, they might say something like, "Your pants are interesting; very shiny, but they look nice and comfy, huh?  Hmmm, is that a Glad bag or Hefty?  I tend to buy the plain store brand...those Hefty's are pretty pricey, dont'cha know?"

I work with library people.  In Minnesota.

Anyway, I get to work and realize I have to send my supervisor a list of goals and accomplishments for my upcoming review.

I write down a bunch of crap about being more of a team player.  I think.

What I really want to write?

My goal for the upcoming year is not to voodoo your ass when you annoy me.  Which is, like, every day.

But I don't mess with voodoo.  That shit is for real.  FOR REAL!

I did have a voodoo doll.  From New Orleans.  I gave it to my sister-in-law when she was getting married and said, "Here!  Use this to keep Peter in line!"

I think she thought I was joking.

I wasn't.

I was actually scared to keep it.  I think Matt was scared too.


Anyway, after I think I'm having a crappy morning, I check the news and see this headline.

Star Sucked up in extraordinary flash

At first I was thinking something horrible happened to Star Jones, like maybe she got flushed down some huge whirlpool or toilet.

But no, it's way cooler than that.

Reading it gave me goosebumps.  Then when I tried to understand how far 6 trillion miles is (one light year, duh!), I got a brain freeze.


It kind of makes all the petty day-to-day stuff seem pretty insignificant.


Except for voodoo.  That shit's for real!

And then my morning got better.  Someone made scones and left them in the breakroom.

I think the Universe sent me a sign.

Space is cool.

No comments: