You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Perspective

I got another rejection from a literary agent today.  An agent who was, "drawn into my query and pages and would love to read the full manuscript." 

That was a month ago.

Today I got the reject.  "I enjoyed spending time with the story, but in the end didn't feel strongly enough to pursue representation."

This has happened before.

Another quote.  "You've got something here.  It's not quite there yet, but it will be."

Another:  "I really loved your premise, but I didn't connect with the main character."

Another:  "The plot is there.  The story is there.  I think you're still finding your voice."

Another: "I loved the voice.  I think you need to work on the beginning structure."

So basically, WTF....

I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I probably should have other readers, but at the same time a lot of people I know don't know how to give critiques other than basic grammatical problems.

So right now I feel a disturbing combination of: pissed off/dejection/apathy/I quit!.  I don't even know if that's possible.

But on the up side, I have all my limbs and they function correctly.  My hair looks nice today.  My family is healthy.  I have a house to live in and food to eat.  I have absolutely nothing to bitch about.


Oh wait, yes I do!  There's a shitload of snow outside! 

(But it's pretty)

Screw it.

No comments: