You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

January Recap - Book List

As I mentioned, my resolution was to read about a book per week for 2011, and I checked back to see how many books I read for January.  I was shocked, then impressed.

I read 6 whole books.  Some short, some long, some literary, some not, most all of them I enjoyed for different reasons.

Here they are, and the grade I gave them.  If you only read one book off this list, my recommendation is Room, by Emma Donoghue.  Completely original, completely believable, completely disturbing, but in the end, also completely beautiful.

Matched
by Ally Condie
Grade: B




Outliers
by Malcom Gladwell
Grade: B






Room
by Emma Donoghue
Grade: A


How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe
by Charles Yu
Grade: A-




Freedom
by Jonathan Franzen
Grade: A

Half Broke Horses
by Jeannette Walls
Grade: B+

No comments: