You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Lazy Eye

Don't know why I haven't gotten around to posting about this song...too busy I guess. I suppose most have already heard it. The first time I did I was immediately transported back to high school. This band (Silversun Pickups) instantly reminded me of another band I used to listen to when I was a young pup. The Smashing Pumpkins. With a little bit of Sonic Youth thrown in for flavor.

I also love the video. Don't you remember doing this? Feeling like this? Waiting for that certain person to walk through the door? The person who could make or break your day if he/she acknowledged your existence?

I do.

Well, if that novel of mine ever gets published, and if the movie ever gets made, I would like to include this song on the soundtrack.

Best lyric:

"I've been waiting for this moment all my life. But it's not quite right."

Been there...

No comments: