You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recipe For Awesome

Last Sunday I was puttering around the house; too cold to go out for a run so I just was dinking around with the things I like to do because I'm a horrible Virgo.

I clean and organize. I do laundry. I fold the towels into perfect rectangles that all face the same way in the linen closet. All my towels and sheets are the same colors. White. Off-white. Except for the new steel blue sheets I got for Christmas, nothing messes with the sheer perfection of my closets. If you don't know enough about me already from reading this blog, know this:

I get excited about seeing perfectly organized closets the way that most men get excited by looking at naked ladies. Hot naked ladies holding a six pack of beer in one hand and a pizza in the other.

I organize my cd collection according to genre, then alphabetical order by artist. I dust the leaves on my bonsai plant. I make sure that the Campbell's tomato soup cans are stacked together labels facing out, not mixed with the cream of mushroom because I know the earth will fall off its axis if that travesty happens.

So as I sat on the couch Sunday afternoon folding towels, I turned on the TV, knowing that there are usually old movies on TV on Sundays. I was right. And that movie was Point Break.

I love Point Break! How can you not love this movie...it has everything.

Add a heaping helping of the dorky hotness of Keanu Reeves and mix with a dollop of smooth sexy Patrick Swayze.
Sprinkle on a dash of crazy Gary Busey (man, he is bonkers!)

Then add all the other stuff that makes it great: Bank robberies, FBI intrigue, extreme sports like surfing and sky diving, romance, and great Zen Buddhist philosphy like: "Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will make your worst fears come true."

Fo' sho'...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to the music they paired with that!!! And the logo treatment! Bwah!

Have you seen "Hot Fuzz?" They make a hilarious reference to "Point Break."

Mindy said...

I HAVE seen hot fuzz, I'll have to rewatch it for the point break reference. Great movie.