You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Great Minds Think Alike

Well, I'm not surprised that me and Dave Grohl agree...Arcade Fire is awesome and this is their most awesome some. In my modest opinion. I could be wrong.

Arcade Fire is a band out of Montreal. Another thing to love...Montreal. I was there the summer of 2001 and I love that city. I am a verifiable Francophile. J'adore France. I actually can rank some countries I've visited in a list.

I am amused by Holland. Those wacky Dutch and their wooden shoes! The legal pot doesn't hurt either.

I love England.

I adore France.

If I were able I would have a full-blown sexy affair with Italy.

I've never been to Spain (yet), but chances are if I do I'll want to marry it. Or at least get engaged.

And how can you not love Canada. Uff-dah, pass me the maple syrup...

So here is the original version of the song, followed by a live Foo Fighters version, which is pretty cool. The small interview at the end is pretty good. I guess the Foo Fighters don't do weddings. But Elton John does...



No comments: