You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Projects and other crazy ideas

I recently finished some illustrating work for a picture book on Homelessness. It's called THE EDGE and was written by Ben Weiss, and it will be presented at a legislative hearing at the Capitol next Thursday. It should be interesting; I've never been inside the state Capitol, let alone been involved with any kind of legislative process, so that's pretty exciting. I took Government in high school, but I sat in the back of the class and spent most of my time adding cartoons to my notes on how a bill becomes a law.

Somehow I passed the class anyway.
Since I didn't have too much time for this project, the illustrations are fairly simple. Here is a copy of the cover page.


So now that I'm done with that; I've recently started something else. I'm going to see if I can write a whole novel. Actually, I know I CAN because I have. I would like to write a GOOD novel that could be published. I've had some ideas in my head for a while now, marinating and formulating, but I realize I could sit for the rest of my life re-imagining things in my head. It's time to hunker down and do it - I think I was waiting for some divine inspiration to hit and well, it finally did. So.... my blog posts might be scant for a while. I know you readers (all thirteen of you) will survive without my daily musings on life, the universe, and everything.

That's a literary hint to what I plan to feverishly work on for the next few months or however long it takes to get these character's voices out of my head.

At least, I hope they are my character's voices. Otherwise, I have bigger problems.

No comments: