You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tomorrow is Today

Well, I recently joined Facebook. I'm one of those people who think things like Facebook, Myspace, Blackberries, and any new-fangled hand held technological device could very well be the downfall of mankind, and we are only a short step away from SKYNET and the rise of the machines. Yes, yes, I know, I have to stop watching Terminator, the Sara Connor Chronicles.

So I joined Facebook upon the advice of an old childhood friend. It is pretty neat in a way; to find all these people you used to know (as teenagers) and see what they are up to. I know friends who are living overseas in places like France, Scotland, and the Ukraine, as well as people living in the town I grew up in, people raising families, people still living the single life, and people scattered all across the U.S. Pilots, doctors, lawyers, teachers, musicians, artists, nurses, stay-at-home parents, world travelers, and everything in between.

Which brings me to the title. One of my classmates from Onalaska High School (Go, Hilltoppers) and Facebook friend is Mark Hefti, who is now based in Los Angeles and living the dream as an actor. I know a lot of people fantasize about going to out to California and making it in Tinseltown, but Mark is actually doing it. He wrote the screenplay, starred in, and helped produce his movie Tomorrow is Today, which has been nominated for and won several awards.

I was absolutely impressed when I saw it; I many times marvel that any movie ever gets made considering all the red tape and hoops one must jump through (I worked for about 6 years in earnest before I got my book published), so for Mark to stick to it and see his story fulfilled into a tangible piece of art is very inspiring.

So I have to include the trailer here on my blog.

Congratulations Mark! I think there are many great things in store for you.

No comments: