You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Freefalling - part 2: the home video

Here is the homemade version of my skydiving experience. Since it's not the professional version, it doesn't show me actually falling out of the plane - I'm still trying to figure out how to rip the dvd onto my Mac and then upload it here. Somehow I plan to figure that out because that footage is way cooler and you can see how gimpy I look hurtling through the sky at 140 miles an hour, grinning like an idiot.

Until then, enjoy this little clip that was shot by Matt and set to music by me. I think this Vimeo site transfer video clips better than youtube.

For reference, I was one of the last jumpers and our parachute is the red and yellow one. I'm not the person that fell on their butt.


Freefallin' from Melinda Braun on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looked like it was tons of fun! Good for you!

I agree that Vimeo is better than YouTube for a lot of reasons. I put a video of "Storm Codes" up on YouTube and for some reason the site put completely unrelated, inappropriate videos in the "Related Videos" section that I couldn't change. I've fallen out of favor with that site, for sure.