You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Foiled again!

I was supposed to go skydiving yesterday. Originally, I had planned on the previous weekend but Matt had a golf tournament and wanted to come with me. So I rescheduled. Of course it rained today. Apparently, the universe does not want me to do this, but I rescheduled again, near the end of October. Maybe that day there will be a snowstorm. If so, then I will take the hint.

At first Matt wasn't sure if he didn't want to do it too, but the fact that he hemmed and hawed suggests he wasn't up for it. Usually, when you bring up skydiving to a person they will have a distinct visceral reaction to the idea. It is either:

A. Awesome! I want to do it!

Or

B. No way! Did you fall and hit your head, or are you just a natural idiot?

The actual conversation went something like this:

Matt: Ummm... I don't know. Sounds scary! But I might like it.

Mindy: Everyone says they liked it. Says it's incredible.

Matt: Yeah, I might regret it if I don't do it.

Mindy: You might. But you don't have to go.

Matt: I'm afraid. Are you strapped to another guy?

Mindy: Yeah, it's tandem.

Matt: What if I poop my pants?

Mindy: Well, you can't hide it. The other guy will know.

Matt: But with the wind speed...maybe he won't smell it.

Mindy: I don't know. He'll definitely feel it. He might cut you loose on purpose.

Matt: Well, I better not try it then.

So instead of pictures and video of skydiving, I will post pictures of our floor refinishing. Carl from Above and Beyond Hardwood Floors did a great job fixing the hole and weaving in new oak boards and sanding and sealing. You can't even tell there was a hole. I went away to work and came home and it was done. It was like someone waved a magic wand and I didn't have to do anything. The only drawback was that these magicians only take cash or personal check. Apparently VISA is not everywhere you want to be.

BEFORE - I put a board in the hole so the cats would stop laying in it.



AFTER

No comments: