You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall - all over but the shouting

I broke down and turned the heat on... in my book that means it's the end of summer. The flowers have all but died when we got the first hard frost a few days ago, and now I have to look forward to raking leaves, leaves, and leaves. And some more leaves. We have a huge Norwegian maple in our front yard and it likes to hang onto its leaves until the bitter end. So I will be out there even until the end of November, getting blisters on my hands and cursing heavily.

But then again, it sure is pretty this time of year.

I scrounged around in my yard looking for things that are still surviving. The mums, the snapdragons, a few stalks of veronica and even a dahlia. I also gathered up a few leaves I thought were pretty and laid it all out together...an artful juxtaposition of dead leaves and living flowers, life and death, the seasons and the circle of life, swirling together in the passage of time.

Man, I am DEEP!

I also just thought it looked really pretty.




Here Junebug is examining my project, and I know what she is thinking...
"If I can't eat it, I don't like it!"

No comments: