You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Minnesota is for....

Yesterday on the train there was a girl with a backpack that had one of those iron-on patches that read: Michigan is for lovers. It had a red heart on it.

Michigan is for lovers...Really? That's the last place I would have guessed. I never thought of Detroit and Lansing as sexy. Then I started thinking about some other states and what they are for.

Here's what I've come up with.

Minnesota is for loons. (It's our state bird but also has another meaning.) Another good one would be:
Minnesota is for masochists.

Iowa is for imbeciles.
When I was growing up in Wisconsin everyone made fun of people from Iowa. I don't know why exactly. (Please don't throw an ear of corn at me.)

Wisconsin is for weiners and brats. Multiple meanings here, too.

There's a T-shirt that says:
Wisconsin, come smell our dairy air.

Now that would be great advertising.

No comments: