You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Go, Kenny, Go!

I was just listening to Kenny Loggins greatest hits, and realized how many of his songs are on soundtracks to movies that I watched growing up.

I cannot listen to "Footloose" without imagining Kevin Bacon trying to teach his goofy friend how to bust a move, and the fact all those "country kids" weren't allowed to have themselves a dance. Because ya'll know what dancin' leads to, right?
Of course there's also the Caddyshack songs, and that horrible Sylvester Stallone movie, Over the Top. When a hear Kenny's song for that movie I always imagine two giant Peterbuilt semis floating towards each other across the sky as the sun is setting all romantic like.

But the best is "Danger Zone".
I dare anyone my age or older to listen to that song and not have the sudden urge to jump into an F-14 and zoom off the deck of an aircraft carrier.
You just can't do it.

Even though Tom Cruise sounds like a nutbar sometimes, I still like his movies.

No comments: