You can know anything. It's all there. You just have to find it.

-Neil Gaiman

Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Duck flying south....

I just joined the SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) and I've already made some new friends. I joined a writer's group that meets bi-monthly at the Washburn Library in Minneapolis and have already been put into contact with another writer who wants a copy of the book to use at a silent auction down in Illinois. Another marketing and publicity for little Luella. It's amazing the reach of the internet and possibilities of meeting other people who have the same goals and interests. I'm getting emails daily about events and conferences and workshops going on just about every week in the Twin Cities area alone. I wish I would have joined sooner.... It reminds me of snorkeling. You're looking at the ocean and not seeing a thing from the top of the water. Then you put on your mask and stick your head under and are stunned by the all the activity that's going on right underneath the surface.

No comments: